Major record label, Interscope Records, needed to create a compelling and interactive album launch for their best-selling artist.
As fans of early video games like Donkey Kong, the Interscope Records team wanted to re-create a retro video game challenge on social media channels.
Fans around the world signed in using their social networks and completed a variety of activities like:
- watching a video on YouTube,
- sharing three favorite lyrics over Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram,
- listening to the band’s music on Deezer or Spotify,
- purchasing the new album,
- and more campaign actions.
Many of these were custom activities created via the API or through the AE dashboard. Any campaign-related activity can be stored and tracked using AE and integrated with third-party services like Shopify or MailChimp.
At any time, fans could see how many points they’d earned and their overall ranking, just like an arcade machine scoreboard. The visible, real-time score-keeping kept fans competitive and engaged, powering a successful and highly interactive campaign.
As a result, Interscope saw a massive increase in fan engagement, gained thousands of valuable insights, and saved countless hours of manual tracking.
Here’s the breakdown of what the campaign achieved.
- A major increase in fan engagement compared to previous social campaigns
- Over 510,000 fan activities recorded
- 300% customer acquisition increase over the month-long campaign
- No false-positives with real-time scoring of submissions
- No “gaming the system” with automatic enforcement of limits
- Saved 1000s of hours of tracking, compiling and ranking fan activity
- Actions tracked in real-time & displayed on-site within the hour
AE tracks fans’ behavior on every major social network, allowing labels like Interscope to effectively target their customers with personalization, loyalty and reward programs, recommendations and gamification.
If you’d like to start building similar campaigns and tracking your artists and fan behavior across all platforms like Spotify, Facebook, Twitter, Deezer and more, click to start your free account.
Find out more about using data in your music marketing:
- THIEVERY CORPORATION GETS 1,000+ ENTRANTS IN THEIR MUSIC PR CAMPAIGN
- CASE STUDY: THE SPOTIFY MARKETING STRATEGY THAT GENERATED THOUSANDS OF PLAYS
- GET MORE FAN INSIGHTS FROM SPOTIFY WITH AE’S SOCIAL LOGIN