We will look after your data and your customers’ data like it’s our own.
We will treat it safely and with respect.
We won’t scrape, sell or do anything nefarious with it.
We promise to delete it if you ask us to.
We take privacy seriously here. And no, this isn’t just lip-service. It means a lot to us that you trust us with your data. After all, smart data is what separates the average marketers from the excellent marketers! And AE is home to the most excellent of marketers!
How we set up privacy at AE:
- We offer social registration through a range of social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. AE piggy-backs on their respective privacy and security policies during social registration. Each social network is pretty clear about how they use your customer data, so do make sure you check them out below. We also like to think it makes our service pretty legit, since we pass all their privacy levels as well:
- We also use Google Analytics to analyze visitor traffic to our website. (Google Analytics Terms of Service, Opt-Out Page)
- We’ve worked hard to make our service and all our data practices GDPR compliant. Although we’re based in North America we have customers all over the world.
- We are a good standing member of Privacy Shield (which used to be called Safe Harbor). That’s a set of standards designed to help US companies meet the strict privacy standards in the EU. We meet all these standards and have been verified by a third party company we work with called Whistic. Ps. our legal name is Musichype Inc.
What we won’t do with your data:
- Most importantly we will never sell your personal data or your customers personal data. That’s just not how we operate.
- Your data belongs to you. We will never own it.
Things we do with your data:
- We’ll use your data to help you understand your customers and your competition better. This includes showing you trends, analyzing user behavior and more.
- We will create non-identifying aggregate data to use for reports or whitepapers, basically to show other digital marketers how effective AE can be.
- Plus we’ll look at how you and your customers are using AE so we can make it better.
Things you can do with your data:
- Ask to get it deleted. Just email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll confirm we’ve totally removed you from our systems.
The full legal nitty-gritty:
from the whole AE team!